The Conference consists of parishioners from the St. Christopher Catholic Parish community who have joined together to bring aid to people in need. There are many opportunities to help those in need, including:
- Volunteering at the St. Vincent de Paul food pantry in Madison, WI
- Preparing and serving meals, cleaning rooms and doing maintenance at the St. Vincent homes: Port St. Vincent for men and Seton House for women and children.
- St. Christopher Parish food drives
- St. Christopher Parish and ShopKo blanket drives
- St. Christopher Parish home visits to the needy to support them, assess their needs, and provide vouchers for furniture, housewares, etc. from a St. Vincent store.
- St. Christopher Parish ‘Christmas Giving Tree’ gift collection
- Distribution of Christmas gifts for children at the Madison Center for Vincentian Charity
- Garage Sale fundraiser and collection of clothing, housewares, and other goods for the St. Vincent de Paul stores.
- Helping the homeless with a place to store their possessions at Vinny’s Lockers.
Since this ministry is inspired by Christ’s life of service to others and our members’ spiritual growth is a prime objective, time is included at each meeting for prayer, reflection and spiritual growth. The group welcomes those who cannot attend meetings but are willing to help with an activity. Training is provided by the St. Vincent de Paul organization as needed.
For more information on this Society, please contact Ryan Zakrzewski by phone at 608-219-1893.